Firefighter Chili Cook Off
Saturday, February 4, 2023
Abacoa Town Center 12pm - 5pm --- ENTRY DEADLINE IS February 1st
Complete the Chili Team Entry Form online at:
Thank you for participating in the 2023 Firefighter Chili Cook Off
Below are the participant rules, guidelines and team entry form. Please complete the entry form and return by email, fax or address shown. If we can be of any help, please contact us.
We look forward to seeing you on the 4th of February.
Rules and Guidelines
1. 1, All entries are welcome. Fire Departments, businesses, schools, organizations, restaurants, hospitals, and individuals are encouraged to participate.
2. Each entrant must provide 10 gallons (minimum) of chili for the event.
3. 3. Entrants will need to provide all items needed to present and serve their chili. This includes items like tables, tents, utensils, pots, gas burning grill and signs. No spikes are allowed for tents (tent weights or buckets of water are acceptable). Each tent is required to have one 2.5 lb ABC fire extinguisher.
4. No political statements, advertising or campaigning.
5. 5. A 10’ X 10’ space will be provided to each entrant for their tent. Event coordinators will provide serving cups, spoons, and napkins to each taster.
6. 6. SORRY, BUT TO LICENSE RESTRICTIONS, ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE CONTAINERS ALLOWED. ALL BEVERAGES MUST BE PURCHASED ON SITE. NO PETS OR ANIMALS ARE ALLOWED.
7. 7. The set-up time will start at 10am. All entrants must be in place by 11:30p.m. A panel of Celebrity Judges will begin at 3p.m. Entrants will be required to remain throughout the entire event.
8. 8. Awards will be given for: Cash Prizes for Chili - 1st Place = $500, 2nd Place = $300, 3rd Place = $200 , People's Choice Trophy, Best Chili Theme Flags
9. 9. Entrants are encouraged to develop a theme for their booth. Keep in mind that this is a family event.
11. 10. There will be a meeting with all entrants prior to the start of the event.